Monday, December 8, 2008

Custom Made Board Bags

Everyone knows that when you travel with your boards you are always worried that they could get broken. This is a very real reality. I have had two board damaged already. The best thing to do is buy a board bag. Basically anyone who makes boards also sells the bags.

But what do you do if have a totally custom board like I do. I haven't yet found a bag that would fit my board because it isn't a production model. So I figured out how to make my own bag.


First get some foam rubber and nylon. The best way to do this is lay the board out on paper and you can make a pattern. Then just go to the cloth section of Wal Mart and they can tell you how much of each material you will need.

I took the nylon and coated the inside with an epoxy made for glueing foam rubber. Then I simply put foam rubber on it and let it set up over night. I did both sides the same and then had my grandmaw to attach a zipper to the edge. The two sides zip together and I no longer have to worry about getting my board dinged up in the back of a truck or on a plane.

No comments: