Thursday, December 4, 2008

Thank You Coast Gaurd

I don't know you you know this but the Coast Guard will come help you out if you need them. Thank you tax dollars right?

Last december a friend of mine and I went to VA Beach to surf with another friend of ours from college. The first day we got up and ate breakfast and went out to the ocean just to scope it out. It looked like a washing machine. I looked at my buddy and was like oh well you know we just decided we would go see a movie.

Then we went back to the house and looked at the movie titles. There was nothing on so i told Jon forget it man lets just get suited up and just take the boards if nothing else we can sit on the beach and watch the water.

We got out to the water and the surf was huge. We couldn't believe that it had cleaned up like that. We paddled out and the under tow was incredible. I paddled my brains out for an hour. I looked up once i got out past the break and where was Jon?

He was no where to be found. I started freaking out and paddled back in. Caught a wave and rode it all the way in. Obviously the worst ride of my life. We called the Coast Guard and they said they would be glad to help. They came out with three smal boats and covered the beach. Then we look up the beach and Jon is walking down the beach with a funnel cake from the board walk.

It was good that he was ok but could have killed him. Apparently he got tired of paddling and went back. But at least now you know that if you ever lose a friend at sea the USCG will be there to help. Thank you Coast Guard.

No comments: