Tuesday, December 9, 2008

My New Kite

Today was a great day. I got home from class and there on my back porch was large rectangular box. A few months ago a friend of mine sent me a new kite to take a look at and try out but he accidentally sent me a kite that was way to small. It was only a 7 meter. The smallest I can do is a 13 meter. I am a big guy I need a lot of pull when I am getting out of the water.

The new kite they sent me was a 12 meter Liquid Force Session. I know I said earlier that I can't use anything smaller than a 13 meter but supposedly because of the new batwing shape of this kite it give more pull with less surface area. Don't ask me I leave the figuring to the R and D people.

I haven't gotten to use the kite yet because I just got it today but I think that it is going to be awesome. Probably the next time I will get a chance to try it out is over christmas. I will be making a trip down to Cape Hatteras over the holidays.

As soon as I can get to an internet connection after my first session I will give all you boarders out there the full run down. All though i can already tell you that this is not an ideal board for those who are just starting out. So for all you Christmas shoppers out there DON'T BUY THIS KITE!!!

No comments: